Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Just In...


Lipstick sales are down 5% while nail polish sales are up 15% since last year grossing $173 million dollars. As you know, I have a thing for nail lacquer...ok call it an obsession. Before I was old enough to wear nail polish, I would put stickers on my nails (LOL). But that embarrassing nugget is beyond the point.

These stats got me thinking what is the recent fascination with our fingertips? An ABC special calls it "a sign of the times." Makes sense. Celebrities have just about endorsed every other beauty product from fragrances, to makeup, to hair dye. Nails were all that's left.

I must say that my nail hobby has saved me quite a few bucks at the nail salon. I believe in becoming more self-sufficient for all beauty needs including hair. In times like these should we really be shelling out $50-$100 bucks every 2 weeks at the salon and an extra $20-$40 on nails, eyebrows, lashes, etc? Probably not.

I personally never spend more than $3 on a nail polish. I don't care how much you pay the polish probably won't last past 5 days so why spend a fortune? Unless you're a monochromatic girl, which clearly I am not.

At any rate, now might be a good time to invest in O.P.I. stock #wordtothewise ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...