Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scripture for the Day: 1 Peter 5:8-9

My phone sends me daily bible verses. Scriptures are always relevant, but I couldn't help but notice the special significance and timely nature of today's scripture.
8) Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9) Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

Given NYE that so many are bringing in the new year in a drunken stupor, it seemed quite apropos. Let me clear, there's no judgment here. But as I made it home safely last night, I couldn't help but think of all the people that didn't and wouldn't.

Can fun exist without risk? Of course, I just wish more people would realize that.

Well some do, but often too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...