Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear 2011



I'm not usually one for resolutions (does anyone ever stick to those?), but I am starting this year off with new goals. The Word tells us life and death are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21) so this year I am voicing my goals and stepping out on faith to make them a reality.

I've always heard how important it is to write things down, so I will start using my blog more to get my goals on something tangible and visible. THIS IS MY YEAR! And I own that!

For NYE I went to church, a complete 180 from last year's NYE, which I spent in Vegas. I have to say I was reluctant to go, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there was no place else I should have been but in the presence of the Lord. Exodus 23:19 reminds us that "the best of the firstfruits of your ground you shall bring into the house of the Lord your God." More than anything, God wants to be first and I'm glad I started my year with Him as #1. I can start my day with Him as #1 and have faith that he will bless the rest. I want to try Him at this and see how I am blessed this year.

With that my open letter to 2011...

Dear 2011,

I want more from you. I want the purpose for my life to become clear. I want financial freedom and literacy. I want success, as define it. Spiritual success, financial success, business success, friendship success, family success, and relationship success. I want my life to be better as a platform for the betterment of others.

The sermon highlighted that 2011 is the year to "go for it" and that is precisely what I will do. I'm not looking back. I won't stay still. I am going for it all, fearlessly and faithfully.

Get ready for me 2011, because I am getting ready for you!

Sincerely,

LW

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...